Annual holiday tree decorating contest opening to public, to benefit area nonprofits
GREENSBORO, N.C. – Well•Spring will host a Tree Decorating Contest for 11 local nonprofits. The trees will be on public display Dec. 1-13 from 8 a.m.-8 p.m. at Well•Spring’s flagship campus, located at 4100 Well Spring Drive (between Battleground Avenue and Horsepen Creek Road). Directions will be provided to Well•Spring’s main entrance and Rotunda area, where the trees will be displayed. Individuals visiting Well•Spring during this time may vote for their favorite tree. The organization receiving the most votes will receive a $2,500 charitable contribution from Well•Spring. The remaining 10 organizations will each receive a $500 charitable contribution for participating.
The nonprofit organizations that have been invited to participate are:
- A Simple Gesture
- Downtown Greenway
- Greensboro Public Library
- Greensboro Science Center
- Greensboro Symphony
- Hirsch Wellness Network
- Kids Path, A Program of Hospice & Palliative Care of Greensboro
- Mustard Seed Community Health
- Senior Resources of Guilford
- Touring Theater of North Carolina
- Women to Women, an Initiative of The Community Foundation of Greater Greensboro
- The voting will open to the general public Dec. 1-13 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- People may visit as many times as they want to vote – but no more than one visit per day.
- Each visit, a person gets up to 3 votes – and they can use their votes however they wish. For example, on a visit they might want to use all 3 votes for the same tree, or they may divide their votes between 2 or 3 trees
“The tree contest really is a fun experience for our residents. But we also do a lot of good with this, by giving back to area nonprofits,” said Alan Tutterow, executive director of Well•Spring, A Life Plan Community. “Please come out to Well•Spring and take advantage of this special holiday setting and vote for your favorite tree.”